Monday, February 9, 2015

Tangerines ..... Orange Muffins


 There is a saying 'Time and Tide Waits for No Man' and indeed, the first month of year 2015 just breeze past and now after thinking back, I just don't remember what did I do the past month.  Contrary of what I used to think, the daily life of my non working housewife role has never been as idle as I visualized when I quit my working life of more than 20 years.

Since then I immersed myself completely into learning baking and experimenting lots of recipes shared by many generous bloggers as well as the abundant recipe sharing websites. As of today, I must have tested more than 200 recipes and so far 97% of them rendered good outcomes. But as I ventured further, I began adapting and creating my own recipes with the intention of utilizing whatever ingredients I have on hand, and, also with the intention to have my food photography collection.

With Chinese New Year looming around the corner, mandarin oranges or easily available in all supermarkets as well as the local fruit / grocery store, I decided to try out something orange.......





This recipe is sufficient for an 8 - 9" round cake pan but I opted to bake in muffin cups instead. Reason being, shorter baking time and ease of distributing.

Ingredients :-

250g Cake Flour
3g Salt
15g Baking Powder
150g Castor Sugar
100g Low Fat Milk
140ml Tangerine / Mandarin Orange juice with pulp
Zest from 2 orange
113g Butter (melted and cool)
3 Grade A Eggs


Directions


  • Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Prepare 14-15 medium size muffin cups.
  • In a measuring cup, combine milk, orange juice, melted butter, beaten eggs, and orange zest. Set aside.
  • Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix in sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the orange mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
  • Pour batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.


No comments :

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...